Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Program Associate is a support role responsible for a variety of complex administrative duties that works cross-functionally with all teams at the organization. This person will manage the events (digital and in-person) from idea to execution. This is an excellent entry-level position for anyone interested in learning about event planning, public policy and publishing with exposure to all facets of a small nonprofit.
Tasks and Responsibility
- Provide wide range of office administrative duties (both in person and virtual) to support the entire MassINC and CommonWealth team including managing phone calls and generic emails
- Manage senior staff calendars, organize meetings and arrange travel
- Take notes and execute on deliverables for all company-wide meetings and calls
- Maintain inventory of supplies for the office
- Manage an overhaul of MassINC and CommonWealth’s CRM system (Salesforce) to track subscribers, funders, and other stakeholders
- Support the Program Coordinator in all event planning and assigned tasks
- Assist with occasional research projects as requested
- Work with managers in the intern application, interviewing, and hiring processes
- Work with the development team to conduct research and do outreach as it relates to the fundraising and grant application process
Event Management and Logistics
- Support and staff all company-related events, including online forums
- Creation and management of registration and contact lists
- Conduct vendor outreach, venue research and reservations
- Follow up with sponsors and event attendees
Communications and Outreach
- Collaborate with magazine staff to send out daily emails and make daily postings to the website
- Assist in the recording, editing, and producing of weekly podcasts
- Support the Audience Engagement manager in a social media strategy that encompasses Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
Preferred Experience and Qaulifications
- Must be passionate about the mission of MassINC and CommonWealth magazine
- 1-2 years work experience in an office or event management setting
- CRM experience, specifically Salesforce
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- An entrepreneurial mindset (i.e. flexible, resourceful, and creative) and deep motivation to drive towards high-quality outcomes
- Proven track record of taking initiative on multi-step projects and ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and environment
At MassINC and CommonWealth, we believe that diversity and inclusion is not only critical to our workforce, but to our overall mission and purpose to move the organization, and Massachusetts, forward. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. The position offers the opportunity to play a fulfilling role in convening and promoting diverse communities and leaders.
This is a Boston-based position that is remote until safety standards make it appropriate to go back to the office. The position is temporary with the potential to extend to permanent salaried in January 2021 upon review. Ideal start date is September 2020.
Interested applicants should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Program Associate.
MassINC’s mission is to provide the people of Massachusetts with the information they need to participate fully in our democracy. We are a nonpartisan, 501c3 and achieve impact through independent research, nonprofit journalism and civic engagement. MassINC is the publisher of CommonWealth, an online magazine of ideas and politics. CommonWealth is known for its independent civic journalism that pushes for government transparency and best practices in governance and public policy.