- This event has passed.
Central Massachusetts TTOD Regional Forum 2019
May 21, 2019 @ 1:45 pm - 6:00 pm| Free
Please join us on May 21 in Fitchburg for the Central Massachusetts Transformative Transit-Oriented Development (TTOD) Regional Forum. We will explore how Fitchburg, Leominster, Worcester and other cities are using transit-oriented development to transform their cities and surrounding communities. Come share your vision, meet with colleagues old and new, learn about proposed and active rail service improvements, and exchange ideas for leveraging state, local, and federal tools for TOD.
May 21, 2019 | 3:00pm – 6:00pm
Fitchburg Art Museum, 185 Elm St., Fitchburg, MA 01420
Tours of TOD Area and MART Intermodal Center (Optional) | 1:45 to 2:45 pm
Fitchburg Intermodal Complex, 100 Main Street, Fitchburg, MA 01420
Choose from one of two options (limited to 20 people per tour; 60 total):
- For those more interested in development, one of two walking tours will lead you to downtown Fitchburg’s latest projects; or
- For those of you interested in transit, an in-depth tour MART’s intermodal transportation center and its health and human services brokerage operations.
Transformation TOD Forum | 3 to 4:30 pm
Fitchburg Art Museum, 185 Elm Street, Fitchburg, MA 01420
- Welcome – Dr. Tracy Corley & Roy Nascimento
- Opening remarks – Mayor Stephen DiNatale
- Transformative TOD research presentation – Dr. Tracy Corley, MassINC
- Rail Vision presentation – Alexandra Markiewicz, MassDOT
- Panel Moderator: Roy Nascimento, North Central Mass Chamber of Commerce
- Panelists: Marc Dohan (NewVue Communities), Tricia Pistone (Montachusett Opportunity Council), Tim Murray (Worcester Regional Chamber of Commerce), Paul Matthews (495/Metrowest Partnership)
- Closing Remarks
Happy Hour & Networking at Fitchburg Art Museum | 4:30 to 6 pm
Join us for an informal gathering after the forum to discuss further opportunities.
*Free parking will be available at both the Fitchburg Intermodal Center and the Fitchburg Art Museum, but please be advised that more parking spaces will be found at the Fitchburg Intermodal Center.
About the Transformative Transit-Oriented Development (TTOD) Regional Forum Series
MassINC is working with our Gateway Cities to improve rail and transit service, while also spurring economic and real estate development near rail stations.
Our TTOD Regional Forums convene stakeholders from Gateway Cities and surrounding communities to discuss transit and development assets and needs for addressing opportunities and challenges. This Initiative builds on our 2018 research report on Transformative TOD and statewide conversations about the future of housing, transportation, and economic development.